The Industrial Engineer will be a key member of the Wayfair Industrial Engineering team. Identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”, support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation. Develop and revise (as needed) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for each functional operation while ensuring SOP’s are updated and adhered to on a consistent basis. Experience in conducting Motion and Time Studies for the development of future engineered labor standards.
Support the development of RFP’s as needed, perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology.
- Provides engineering support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Manage and lead implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Provides change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generates and assesses metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Assists a team with the building and development of a network Labor Management System
- Space planning and layout design (AutoCad)
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Travel required – 20%
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of experience and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This individual should be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Knowledge of Labor Management Systems
- A good technical background Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
- Equally important to your success is the ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; having excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills are required
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top