- Kołobrzeg, Poland
Wayfair offers Europe’s largest online selection of home furnishings, décor, home improvement and many more. Getting thousands of orders every day to their new owners is at the heart of what we do. We work hard to grow our European footprint, by setting up state of the art warehouses to get even closer to our customers. Everyone should enjoy their new products as fast as possible, and we are the team that makes that happen.
To support that, we are looking to hire a talented, hands-on manager for our European Warehouse Design team. You will work on the implementation of our new e-commerce warehouses and contribute to the further European expansion. Wayfair Lutterworth has an exciting future ahead with the addition of our brand new 1.1 million square foot warehouse in Magna Park. To support this significantly enlarged operation we are strengthening the Industrial Engineering team
What You'll Do
- Plan and select warehousing technology for our sites throughout Europe
- Define requirements and procure various supply chain solutions including hardware, software & supporting technology
- Manage and lead the implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Coordinate internal and external project participants throughout all planning and execution phases and assure a smooth project flow until go-live
- Conduct structural analyses, material flow and area planning for warehouse operations
- Support process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Conduct Motion and Time Studies for the development of future engineered labor standards
- Plan processes and design warehouse layouts (AutoCAD)
- Bring your own ideas into all areas of planning and present them at management level
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in industrial engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Multiple years of practical experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in warehouse planning, material flow planning, or logistics consulting
- Detail orientation, strong analytical and organizational skills
- At least intermediate level in Microsoft Office
- Effective communication with business partners both local and remote; excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
- Knowledge on Warehouse Management Systems is beneficial
- First experience with AutoCAD and data mining techniques (SQL)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top