Head of SEO
About the role
Wayfair is looking for an experienced SEO professional to proactively identify opportunities for growth across our portfolio of brands. Our Head of SEO will be in the middle of Wayfair’s explosive growth and responsible for a significant portion of the revenue of a $6B business. A key member of product and marketing leadership, they will lead a team of SEO professionals, content writers, and dedicated SEO engineers to drive results in the increasingly competitive SEO channel.
As the Head of SEO, you will be an innovator, working across Wayfair and our lifestyle brands, with an emphasis on expanding our automation toolkit and developing a strategy to stay ahead of the market on mobile. As Wayfair continues to grow, you will develop the strategy to win on emerging verticals for the company such as renovation and appliances. In addition, you will build a strategy for our lifestyle brands with a focus on Perigold. The launch of our newest luxury home furnishings and décor line last year creates an exciting opportunity for further innovation. The right candidate will have a strong technical and analytical background, coupled with the experience to lead and grow a cross functional team.
This role and team are at the heart of our business. Our co-founders began by carefully analyzing internet search patterns and results using this to grow the business in its earliest days. Continued growth, creative solutions, and data-driven risk taking are all at the heart of Wayfair’s culture today. We will look for someone to embrace these facets of our culture and apply them fully to this role. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a significant way to Wayfair’s rapid growth and leadership in the ecommerce space.
- Own the strategy to ensure natural search traffic is growing at pace with our business across our entire portfolio of websites.
- Serve as the single thread owner of cross-functional initiatives between SEO, product, marketing, engineering, site merchandizing, and category.
- Lead, develop, and grow a team of SEO professionals, including a group of dedicated engineers and content writers.
- Oversee the monitoring of daily performance metrics to understand organic search across multiple brands and sites.
- At least eight years of SEO experience in a fast-paced, multi-faceted ecommerce environment.
- A can-do and head on approach to tackling hurdles and getting things done. Experience building and delivering aggressive road maps.
- A data-driven approach to decision making.
- Demonstrated track record of business growth through SEO.
- A multi-faceted view of problem solving with innovative and creative solutions. The ability to evaluate new ideas with partners across Wayfair.
- A minimum of three years of experience in driving cross functional initiatives in collaboration with team members, not all of whom are direct reports.
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree coupled with a relevant combination of training and experience.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Back to top