Head of Import & Export (m/f)
Our network allows us to move world-wide cross-border shipments in collaboration with our logistics and supplier’s partners. The European network is looking forward for further expansion into new sourcing and selling markets that will require import/export activity and customs clearance.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to join our Logistics team in Berlin to drive our network expansion in imports, exports and customs . At Wayfair, we encourage people to bring new ideas on the table and combined with our European Operations is definitely the place a candidate will find constant challenge!
As Head of Import, Export, you will…
- Responsible to build operations process in countries that require customs clearance across sourcing and selling markets
- Build-up the keen relationship with the relative parties to facilitate the customs clearance process
- Design the efficient/appropriate clearance procedure to comply with all the regulatory rules/policy and achieve service levels objectives
- Implement customs clearance and container transports imports from Asia, USA and other geographies
- Provide recommendations to gain competitiveness with improved clearance processing and asses’ software needs
- Share and implement best practices
Who Wayfair is looking for:
- Significant experience in import/export operations within transportation, logistics
- Proven leadership skills and experienced in driving a high performance culture
- SME on customs clearance across different regions (Europe, Asia, USA, Switzerland)
- Fluency in English – both written and verbal (any other European languages are highly desirable)
- Motivated to build projects from scratch
- Make things move and constantly push for results
- A Change Agent & challenge new ideas/alternatives
- Network relationships with authorities is desirable
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top