Head of Imagery Merchandising
Associate Director/ Head of Imagery Merchandising
Wayfair is looking for an entrepreneurial and highly analytical General Manager with a significant track record of success to help lead and develop the company’s strategy for how we merchandise and leverage imagery across the site. In this high profile and highly cross functional role you will be tasked with developing strong hypotheses about how and where to leverage imagery by product class along with working with your partners to develop a strong testing roadmap to prove out these beliefs. Core to this role is building a scalable approach to how Wayfair “tags” its millions of proprietary and supplier-sourced images and related assets so that these can be dynamically leveraged for testing and for associated to the correct site experience. Showing customers the right imagery at the right time is absolutely mission critical for an e-commerce company and you will be a one of the key leaders of this work.
You will also be responsible for managing and building a team of high performing individuals responsible for both the analytical and operational work associated with this function as well as being a key influencer across multiple other teams at Wayfair.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and creative problem solver with a passion for data and hypothesis-led solutioning while being very comfortable in situations with a high degree of ambiguity. You’ll be responsible for recruiting, managing, coaching and developing your team. You’ll be dynamic and analytical—as comfortable leading a senior business review as you are analyzing large data sets to develop impactful insights. You will be able to define overarching goals and strategy, articulate and execute plans, and monitor and manage key business metrics. You will lead operational process improvements as well as drive efficiency gains with a continuous focus on deploying technology to enable business results.
- Build and manage a high performing team of analysts and operators
- Be the “single thread owner” across all the Wayfair functions involved in determining a cohesive imagery merchandising strategy
- Define and lead the asset “tagging” strategy and tech roadmap to ensure we are effectively prioritizing resources and driving towards automation
- Work with cross functional partners to define the key hypotheses around imagery’s impact on funnel metrics and drive the testing roadmap
- Evaluate and build imagery standards for each product class to ensure we are showing the most impactful assets to customers
- MBA from top tier school
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting or e-commerce
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to develop and articulate strategy and perform tactically
- Passion for large data sets to drive strategic insights
- Versatile performer, capable of adapting as data-led insights evolve
- Prior experience recruiting and building high performance teams
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic organization
- Prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
- Comfortable in technology-driven business environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top