Head of EU Merchandising Product Management
- Berlin, Germany
Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to take the Wayfair catalog to the next level. The right product leader will play a critical role in driving the continuous improvement of one of Wayfair’s most important assets -- its catalog of 10+ million products. This role offers the opportunity to have a major impact at a rapidly growing $13B public company and partner with senior executives across the company on high-profile initiatives.
This role will lead a team of 15 product managers partnering with global merchandising operations teams to create a product vision, own product prioritization and requirements creation, and drive business results that power the growth of the business in collaboration with engineering and data science. This role ownership encompasses technology to support the following merchandising initiatives:
- Exclusive brands: our exclusive brands (e.g., Greyleigh, Mercury Row) guide our customer experience through curating products from our thousands of suppliers into ~80 style price-driven brands. You will facilitate the creation and maintenance of our exclusive brands through automation of the curation process.
- Product addition: You will power the efficiently addition of over 100,000 products per month to Wayfair’s catalog through automation of previously manual tasks.
- Catalog selection: You will identify gaps in our catalog selection, engaging with suppliers to fill those gaps to ensure Wayfair always offers the best, widest selection in the market.
- Translations platform & catalog localization: You will build and evolve one scalable translation platform to cover most of Wayfair’s language translation needs across all domains, finding translation’s sweet spot through trade-offs between costs, time and quality.
- Catalog purchasability & feedback: You will ensure the right products are available on-site and that customer feedback on our catalog is structured and analysed to improve Wayfair’s catalog and the customer experience.
The leader will also be a key contributor to our overall catalog and merchandising strategy, challenging current models, and establishing new approaches made possible through product innovation.
- 10+ years Product Management experience
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective in terms of culture and impact
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of product development execution from
vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization in high collaboration environments
- A recognized track record of building and transforming teams, including coaching and development of senior product leaders
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action
- Communication and interpersonal agility; approachable and able to build diverse relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills - able to communicate effectively with senior
management, stakeholders and tech team
- High ability to deal with ambiguity, to effectively prioritize, multitask, and to work with tight
deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience in working across international geographies and cross-culturally
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus
Back to top