Head of Data Science, Search
Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Our algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to our catalog, to enabling our customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods.
One of Wayfair ‘s strategic priority is to continue expanding out vast assortment of home goods while ensuring our customers can always find the products that meet their needs. Given the growing volume of searches paired with a growing catalog on a relatively focus space; it is central for Wayfair to continue improving our ability to better respond to customer queries with a selection of relevant products to their needs. We need a Data Science leader that can lead a multidisciplinary team of scientists & engineers to build scalable algorithmic solutions that powers Wayfair Search engine.
This leader will build the Search Data Science team, work in partnership with our engineering & product organizations to design a multi-year roadmap and execute the goal of building a search platform that is ever evolving to better help our customers to discover and purchase the goods they need for their homes. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader that enjoys scientific and technical challenges, is passionate about innovation & and is eager to make an impact by transforming Wayfair Search Engine through advance Machine Learning & Deep Learning techniques.
What You'll Do
- Hire a team of builders responsible for developing algorithms to better understand customer searches and present to our customers the most relevant results
- Work cross-functionally with Wayfair engineering, data science & product organizations to develop an organizational model to define & execute against a multi-year roadmap
- Lead a team that applies state of art in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning) and NLP to solve to match relevant products to every customer query
- Lead a team that design & implement high performant & scalable search solutions to enable a Search engine that responds to millions of queries a day, searching through terabytes of data in the order of milliseconds
- Put in place an algorithm development process that enables fast model iterations & testing to measure impact & guide
- Work in a dynamic organization that provides continuous opportunities to build from the ground, learn & work side by side with cross-functional leaders to constantly transform how we serve & delight our customers
What You'll Need
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields; PhD preferred
- Relevant experience leading or working with multi-disciplinary technical teams: scientist, engineers, and varied levels of experience
- Interest in Search, Machine Learning (including Deep Learning), Information Retrieval & Natural Language Processing
- Relevant experience designing & implementing customer facing systems: scalable, fast & resilient
- Track record of delivery large cross functional projects
- Good command of deep-learning techniques. Experience building customer facing products powered by deep-learning is a plus
- Good understanding of experimentation techniques for design of A/B tests to measure impact
- Communication skills that can influence cross organizations
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information
Back to top