Head of Corporate Development
Wayfair is seeking a new Head of Corporate Development to join our Corporate Finance team here at our Boston, MA Headquarters. This is a new role in which you’ll help to define the scope of this function as well as drive forward potential M&A transactions. It’s an incredibly exciting time for our company as we continue to experience significant growth, and this new leader will help us partner with our executive team to execute on new opportunities that will help continue to propel our business forward. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a highly analytical background who enjoys tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Partner across various Wayfair business units to identify and evaluate potential opportunities for growth and development, including acquisitions, minority investments and acqui-hires.
- Identify and develop potential partnership opportunities with other companies who can supplement our service offerings to customers.
- Perform business analyses and build cases around potential investment opportunities and act as the quarterback of Wayfair’s strategic growth initiatives.
- Perform research and due diligence on potential investments.
- Act as the point person to Wayfair senior leadership in presenting and validating potential opportunities, including post-close integration planning.
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred).
- 7+ years working in corporate development, private equity, or investment banking (experience in e-commerce or technology is strongly preferred but not required).
- Proven experience in identifying, scoping and executing on M&A transactions. Demonstrated ability to negotiate financial and legal deal terms.
- Extremely strong written and oral skills and ability to communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative ability with experience in financial modeling and strategic analysis required.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top