Head of Brand Identity
The Head of Brand Identity will help define the vision for our unique personality, point of view, and aesthetic. We are seeking a senior creative leader to set brand standards, define a brand voice, and take the lead on bringing the brand to life through every facet of the customer journey and our internal employee experience. This role requires someone who is equal parts creative visionary, collaborative guardian of the brand, and thoughtful manager. Your first six months will be spent hiring best-in-class copywriters, designers, and art directors, as you embark on a comprehensive audit and evolution of our multi-billion dollar brand. This role will influence everything from logo design, to real estate, to corporate culture.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable jumping between projects, with strong organizational and communication skills, and thrive on diverse day-to-day challenges. Experience managing a diverse creative team is essential to the success of this role. Any and all brand initiatives will filter through the Head of Brand Identity, including standards for Wayfair, new feature launches, white label brand architecture and internal/recruiting projects.
- Team leadership is essential. You’ll manage and coach a team of ~6 creative managers and individual contributors, including designers, copywriters, and brand specialists
- Maintain a strong creative vision and strong project management processes
- Establish creative standards for product launches, brand books, and tone of voice guides
- Work hand-in-hand with graphic design team to bring each unique offering to life and to scale
- Collaborate with buying managers to establish stylistic direction and brand standards for each proprietary label
- Partner with consumer insights, brand planning, and brand marketing teams to drive strategic brand initiatives
- Understand home décor trends through the filter of our customer
- Synthesize sales data and performance metrics into actionable creative plans that allow for nimble execution
- Drive efficiency and productivity amongst junior team
- Maintain seamless cross-functional communications
- Identify bottlenecks and remedy quickly
- Plan forward and communicate widely to ensure a broad team is aligned on creative strategy
- BS/BA/BFA from top-tier institution
- 5+ years of creative campaign development, brand management, product curatorial, brand positioning, or brand architecture experience
- Passion for the home space with a sharp understanding of furniture and décor trends
- Left- and right-brained ability to solve problems
- Collaborative, energetic team leader
- Experience managing a team of individual contributors across various levels
- Strong understanding of how to interpret and communicate analytical results
- Deep customer instincts and ability to “think like a customer”
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top