Global Head of Compensation
- Boston, MA
Who We Are
The Wayfair Compensation Team drives cash and equity compensation strategy and planning for all employees - corporate and field - around the world. We are accountable for strategic, data-informed, competitive compensation strategy, programs and outcomes. We design and manage compensation structures for new and existing roles as our business grows and expands into new markets. We partner closely with the business, talent strategy business partners, performance strategy, and talent management. We are not bound to traditional compensation thinking and are looking for a leader who can consolidate and advance the team to be ready for the next $10 billion in growth.
What You’ll Do
- You will manage a team of several compensation managers and analysts across executive, equity, corporate, and field compensation as well as compensation infrastructure & analytics
- As our business grows and evolves, you will continually refine and communicate compensation strategy and philosophy and enhance data-collection, analytics, and decision-making via purpose-built systems and tools
- You will proactively identify opportunities for better design, increased efficiency, and improved structures using internal and external data
- You will pragmatically prioritize multiple business demands and balance standardization, adaptability, scalability, and economy
- You will build a nascent executive compensation practice and run it without an external compensation consultant
What You’ll Need
- Previous compensation experience in a publicly traded company
- 7+ years of experience and/or 3+ years post MBA experience with a background in management or compensation consulting (with some corporate experience); private equity; or investment banking. Exposure to fast-paced, technology-oriented environments is preferred
- Proven experience in developing strategy, building models, implementing programs, and driving tangible results in an ambiguous, ever-evolving environment
- Strength in stakeholder management and communication; acting with a sense of urgency; and excellent follow through
- Advanced Excel or econometrics skills; facility with technology; and a passion for optimization
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top