- Jacksonville, FL
What You'll Do
- Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical.
- Design solutions for difficult problems, be on call for emergencies, and handle multiple projects and daily activities.
- Manage Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, and control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, techs, and encoders
- Understanding of PLC programs to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
- Manage outside contractors when needed.
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists.
- Walking in the FC/DC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned.
- Access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Experience and proficiency in the following areas: automated conveyors systems and controls, electrical and electronic principles, blueprint and electrical schematic reading, knowledge of CMMS programs, preventative maintenance procedures, industrial electricity, industrial controls, industrial conveyor systems, PLC programs, industrial conveyor systems, PLC programs, and knowledge of N.E.C.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field or 4 years’ apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
Back to top