Front-End Developer, Platforms
On Wayfair’s Frontend UI Framework team, we build, maintain, and scale the frontend framework that powers the UI of for Wayfair’s family of e-commerce sites seen by over 55 million visitors per month.
We are part of a larger Frontend Platform team, which includes teams that focus on our Frontend Architecture and Infrastructure. We collaborate closely with these teams, as well as a variety of people across Wayfair including Product Designers, Backend developers, and Product Managers.
More about what we do:
- Use modern tooling like React, ES6+, and SCSS to develop and maintain a suite of reusable, accessible, and performant components; and design the APIs for implementing those components
- Work closely with designers to introduce new patterns/components into the framework and iterate on existing ones
- Identify and address performance and accessibility issues
- Maintain our internal site for displaying and documenting the UI Framework
- Contribute to and help drive decisions, initiatives, and coding patterns throughout the larger Frontend team at Wayfair
You ideally have:
- Experience coding for all devices, including knowledge and understanding of responsive/adaptive design patterns
- Familiarity with a component-based architecture
- Experience writing flexible, scalable, and maintainable CSS
- Knowledge and understanding of Design and UX best practices
- Familiarity with common design tools like Sketch
- Excitement about working in an environment where your contributions are wide-reaching and highly visible
Nice to haves:
- Experience with React - ideally building large scale component libraries
- Familiarity with build tools / pipelines
- PHP or other server-side language exposure
- Experience working on large, complex, enterprise level sites
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top