Freight Operations Associate with German
- Galway, Ireland
Who we are:
Our Operations team provide the link between our customers, business partners and key stakeholders. We provide core operational support to our Wayfair Supply Chain Network, from data and technical implementation and supplier management through to freight and fraud management.
As a member of the Freight Operations team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the resolution of daily operational challenges, whilst also implementing strategic carrier realignments. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that covers the breadth and depth of online operations, whilst being part of an exciting and dynamic company delivering core operations services.
What you’ll do:
- Resolve operational issues in close collaboration with our carriers to ensure our customers and Business Partners always receive a great experience
- Work cross functionally with all business stakeholders (logistics, customer service, supplier performance etc.)
- You will monitor volumes and ensure adequate capacity is available for all suppliers
- Work proactively to identify and resolve any collection and delivery challenges and reduce carrier incidences
- Analyse carrier’s performance, understand the underlying drivers and proactively work on improvements with the wider Logistics Team
- You will prepare reports on logistics performance metric and create and maintain standard operating procedures
- Support trials of new carriers and new services
What you’ll need:
- Ability to communicate effectively in German, both written and spoken
- Background knowledge on logistics, supply chain management and/or online retail is preferred
- Ability to get to the problem, find the solution and get people together to make it happen
- You are proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- You are an adaptable individual, comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- You are results driven, detail oriented and a motivated team player
- Knowledge of SQL, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau or Minitab is a plus
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions. You must be eligible to work legally in Ireland and be in a position to provide confirmation of eligibility upon request.
Note: WAYFAIR is committed to an environment that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Back to top