Freight Accounts Payable, Assistant Manager
- Boston, MA
Wayfair is seeking a new Freight Accounts Payable, Assistant Manager to join our Freight Financial Operations team at our Boston, MA Headquarters. It’s an incredibly exciting time for Wayfair as it continues to experience significant growth. This new project specialist will work cross-functionally with Transportation, Operations, and Product management to drive new business integration and expansion projects, monitor existing systems and support and optimize daily business processes for the Freight Financial Operations team. At Wayfair, the Freight Financial Operations team is responsible for overseeing the financial relationships with our hundreds of carriers and Wayfair Delivery Network. This team manages freight costs for the millions of customer orders we receive by leveraging automated solutions, from the point of a customer’s order all the way to reconciling payments to the carrier.
What You'll Do
- Help build scalable processes to support high growth to manage carrier relationships, cost processing, payments, analytics and reporting.
- Partner with Product Managers and Transportation to help design, support, test, and upgrade Wayfair proprietary tools/finance systems
- Strategic partner for cross-functional groups, facilitate visibility into COGS, partner on new Wayfair initiatives, and strengthen internal and external relationships
- Monitor tool health and performance on existing systems and identify recurring trends with supporting documentation
- Report progress on key initiatives, elevate potential roadblocks, and communicate overall status updates
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Expertise in Excel
- Experience working in a highly detail-oriented environment
- Ability to break down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces
- Experience in SQL
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top