- Kassel, Germany
Wayfair GmbH is looking for motivated commercial photographers to add to its freelance roster.
At Wayfair we believe in creative photography that inspires customers and we believe when we work as a team, everything is possible.
Our in-house Studio is based in Kassel, Germany. We are looking for ambitious creative photographers to join our well established team and produce beautiful imagery for our Wayfair Website and social media channels.
We are looking for photographers who have the ability to work independently to achieve daily production volumes. The ability to photograph products from a variety of home good categories.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- A technical knowledge of camera types, image processing and color temperature/balancing is a must
- Photograph all Wayfair imagery in line with brand requirements under direction of the Management team, using multiple setups for all divisions
- Follow Studio shoot schedule, ensuring deadlines are met and images are delivered as required
- Working to shoot guidelines and be involved in their continuous improvement in line with agreed business standards
- Assist the management team in developing new creative concepts to ensure imagery stays ahead of competitors
- File management, maintaining an orderly and updated set, workspace
- Communicate and act clearly and concisely in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Accountable for all product photography for assigned set day, with the ability to follow the style guide independently
- Comfortable opening lines of communication with merchandise management to discuss daily volumes
- Alerts Studio management when issues with hardware/software arise
- Level of comfort while working on a tall ladder as and when required
What you will need to have:
- Have a good understanding of image colour correction and retouching
- A strong still life/product photography portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied techniques and good knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition, colour quality and aesthetics
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in studio photography, experience working with DSLR cameras, studio strobe lights
- We ask that you have a Degree or professional qualification in photography, along with an Online portfolio presence that reflects top industry talent.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our teams, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top