Field Training Manager
We’re a team of learning rock stars on a mission to grow our business, and we are looking for the best thinkers, speakers, relationship-builders, and teachers out there to join us. The Home Delivery function at Wayfair falls in our broader Logistics organization and our group focuses on training our home delivery colleagues. We manage the entire training curriculum for home delivery management.
We are looking for a proven leader who will help lead the team responsible for driving operational excellence for our operations at all home delivery sites. This person will be responsible for owning the execution the onboarding and development of all functions within our final mile delivery operations, including drivers, customer care, warehousing, and leadership. This individual will be strategic, process driven, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problem solving. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
In this role, you’ll be managing our Regional Training Specialists who team facilitate our home delivery training curriculum for systems and customer service for all of our colleagues throughout the U.S
Hopefully you like speaking in front of people and teaching your peers – we’ll be especially excited to hear that you want to get in the classroom (and warehouse!) and teach other employees about Wayfair and the skills needed to be successful.
What you will do:
- Manage a team to review current operations, develop recommendations, and deliver on roadmap
- Manage our aggressive launch training schedule; prioritize Regional Trainers training schedule for site launches, managerial onboarding, critical site support
- Lead instructor led and on-the job-training for managerial, customer service, warehouse, and driver associates during a two-week home delivery site launch
- Lead training of pilots of new innovations and processes
- Lead 4-week onboarding for new managers; provide coaching to terminal management
- Leverage internal and external sources to innovate and drive change and consistency in our operations
- Identify, drive, and measure key initiatives to ensure we hit goals
- Some development of training materials and deliver training to peers
- Work with Content Design Team to ensure training content is current and identify areas where more focused support is required
- Provide direct input regarding new existing processes and tools and make recommendations for improvements based on your everyday experience
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure logistics operating procedures are known and followed in other parts of the organization
- Travel ~85% of time is anticipated
Traits and skills:
- Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Detail-oriented and organized – you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s.” While training, they are able to maintain focus and patience with trainees
- Flexible and quick on your feet – you are comfortable answering questions or always finding out. You respond to change in a positive manner
- Self-starter – you set goals and go after them passionately
- Rapid decision-maker – you have no problem making decisions quickly and confidently
- Analytical thinker – you’re good with numbers, which might be why you’re always the one to split the bill at dinner
- Natural-born communicator – you are approachable, confident and enthusiastic. You communicate (both verbal and written) detail processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels
- Execution – you have a strong ability to make a plan come to life with a creative approach quickly
- Secret design guru – you spend as much time agonizing about the font for your next project as you do working on the project itself
- The ability to facilitate classes
- Analytics experience (basic Excel reporting and analysis)
- Experience with:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Captivate
- SQL or other database querying experience
- Project Management
- Organizational Development
- Warehousing/Logistics Operations
- College degree from an accredited university
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top