- Boston, MA
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industry’s largest in-house creative agencies. This creative group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines – designers, copywriters, art directors, stylists, editors, cinematographers, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing to and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more.
The Executive Producer of North America oversees end-to-end creation of all TV and video work commissioned by our in-house Marketing teams, including planning, scheduling, budgeting, staffing and execution. You serve as the business owner of all Production activities, from designing the initial roadmap through to final asset delivery. You ensure that all productions meet intended goals agreed with stakeholder partners at the outset of a project. Your scope covers North America, but you collaborate with European counterparts, if/as needed for global projects.
What You’ll Do (directly or through your team):
- Lead and develop a team of ~25 Editors, Cinematographers, Stylists and Producers
- Create and manage the production schedule for all TV and Video work, proactively flagging any constraints or pinch points that need to be addressed
- Scope production costs at the project level and partner with Finance to estimate future needs for inclusion in the broader Wayfair forecast
- Identify vendors and negotiate all necessary contracts, permits, leases associated with a production, ensuring appropriate quality while managing cost responsibly
- Manage TV and Video shoots to be on budget, on schedule and on brief, flagging and facilitating decisions against any necessary trade-offs
- Manage staffing, both of internal FTEs and external contractors, across all disciplines (cast and crew) necessary to complete a project successfully
- Collaborate cross functionally with partners in Creative, Marketing, Finance and other teams towards mutual goals
What You’ll Need:
- 15+ years experience in Production related roles, either in an agency or in-house environment
- In-depth knowledge of Business Affairs, including SAG/AFTRA regulations & music licensing; Ability to counsel partners and team members (for signatory status, contracts, claims, audits, etc.)
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership, making decisions and driving results
- Strong analytical foundation with a penchant for process and operations
- Answer-first communication skills, with the ability to adapt to audiences of various needs
- Effective manager and collaborative colleague in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic organization
- Prior experience recruiting and building high performance teams
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top