Engineering Manager, K8 Platform Engineering
- Berlin, Germany
Engineering Manager, Kubernetes
Platform Engineers at Wayfair have an excellent mix of software and systems engineering skills.
We are looking for a strong hands-on people manager to lead the Berlin chapter of platform engineers responsible for managing a Kubernetes environment spanning multiple data-centers and cloud. This role will directly report to the Director of Engineering.
On the Platform Engineering team as an Engineering Manager for Kubernetes, you’ll have a multitude of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new things while directly assisting our internal customers. We contribute to (and create) bleeding-edge open source projects and continuously push the envelope to explore the future of e-commerce and modern infrastructure systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a growing team of engineers in Berlin responsible for managing Kubernetes platforms (managed data-centers and cloud)
- Work closely with peers in the Kubernetes team in the US to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Develop strong relationships with engineering groups including software development, recruiting and infrastructure teams.
- Drive technical discussions with team, developers using platform and other stakeholders.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and aid career development for engineers.
- Be responsible for maintaining high bar for talent, attract great engineers by active involvement in hiring, recognize high performers and address under performance.
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of experience in people management roles in infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure roles as individual contributor with strong fundamentals in Linux.
- 5+ years of experience of server-side software engineering experience (Java or Go or Perl or Python etc)
- Involvement in Kubernetes, Istio or similar service mesh technologies is a bonus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top