Fulfillment technology is fundamental in creating an online purchase experience that delights our customers. Come be a part of creating cutting edge operational technology for our customers. If you're passionate about creating scalable software systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences, we are looking for you to join our Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) team and help lead our warehousing product initiatives.
We work across the stack, from mobile applications to back-end systems responsible for data processing and API integrations. Our ideal leader has a background working with full-stack web and mobile applications and fast iteration in an agile environment. We deeply value: curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop the next generation of Wayfair’s WMS to increase engineer productivity and drive efficiency in our warehouses
- Collaborate with stakeholders along with your product management and user experience partners to understand their business challenges, discuss tradeoffs and develop innovative solutions
- Identify and deliver solutions and strategies to push the boundaries of our tech stack to handle scalability and performance goals
- Build, productionize and iterate on a custom WMS platform.
- Manage and expand enterprise software sprint teams focused on building innovative solutions
- Coach engineers and tech leads through career development
Why this job might be for you:
- You care about technology, but you don’t care about it for its own sake. You’re not married to specific tools. You’re comfortable moving up and down the stack to solve problems.
- You care about your team. You learn together and you focus on the facts to drive decisions.
- You care about the customer. You won’t be happy if you’re blindly executing on specs.
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack software developer
- 3+ years experience managing and mentoring teams
- Strong instinct for understanding business value and prioritization
- Passion for leading teams and growing their capabilities through mentorship
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Android, PHP, MSSQL, JQuery, React
- Ecommerce background
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top