Ecommerce Customer Experience Leader
Who We Are:
Wayfair is seeking an entrepreneurial and analytical leader to drive the site merchandising efforts for key areas and brands of the business. This person will be focused on building a world-class customer experience across a diverse portfolio of growth brands and will be a key player in driving process improvements for the site and establishing merchandising best practices.
The site merchandising department is responsible for defining and executing a “best in class” experience for customers within each of the diverse product classes that make up our catalog. We are relentless about ensuring that the merchandising data, site features, and overall customer experience is the best that it can be. The department is organized by verticals as follows:
- Furniture & Decor
- Housewares and More
- Appliances and More
- Cross- Catalog
What You’ll Do:
- Combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in the home goods retail sector, and a passion for user experience to improve the onsite merchandising strategy.
- Build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with team leaders across the company including Category Management, Product/Engineering, Creative, Content, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing.
- Advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on site traffic and merchandising performance.
- Serve as the department subject matter expert on merchandising and traffic to a store/brand or set of categories.
- Relentlessly drive improvements to the site experience through the development and execution of strategic cross-functional projects that will improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth.
- Maintain a strong vision for potential site improvements driven by passion for the customer and brand.
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the various sites and product categories.
- Partner across Category Management, Product Management, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing to drive collaborative projects to completion and ensure cohesive customer experience across all touch points.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of Site Merchandising Associates
- Perform daily maintenance and merchandising updates on site.
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Back to top