Driver Safety Manager
- Aurora, CO
Wayfair Delivery Driver Safety Manager
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space, and we’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. The Logistics Safety Team is responsible for driving our safety program initiatives across our entire distribution network. We are continuously evolving our culture through an inclusive approach to health and safety with the intent to reduce the probability and severity of work related injuries and illnesses, while ensuring compliance and adding value to the overall operation. This is a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional team, and we are looking for strategic and passionate people to join us on this mission at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- Proactively reduce risks for Wayfair Delivery Drivers in the DA, on the road, and in customer homes. Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and respond.
- Conduct ride-alongs and observations to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify what risks are associated with the terrain and the weather in the area and develop proactive ways to reduce risk. Partner cross functionally to define clear guidelines around how to handle closures and route impacts from natural elements including but not limited to snow, ice, flooding, hurricanes etc. (specifically for Aurora, CO site).
- Identify areas throughout the process that put our associates at risk and develop and execute a plan to reduce risk.
- Evaluate KPI data including telematics, roadside inspection data, and other data points to provide insight on driver incident management and prevention, tracking, investigation response, root cause analysis, reporting, post-incident analysis and corrective and preventive action plans and training to leverage learnings.
- Analyze accident information, identify trends and key problem areas, and communicate to appropriate leadership.
- Participate in development and implementation of hazard control method and safety procedures.
- Support in modifying and creating SOPs for driver teams. Partner with ABDA Management and Safety team to develop, implement, and maintain driver safety programs for Wayfair drivers.
- Identify needs for additional safety training for site and weather specifics across the country
- Partner with Management, as well as Operations and HR, to ensure all new hires receive safety orientation, and manage annual training requirements for existing Wayfair Delivery Drivers.
- Develop technical safety tips for driver teams to be delivered on a daily basis
- Innovate new solutions for resources or processes to reduce the physical impact of moving freight on driver teams while delivering into the customer home.
- Partner with Terminal Managers, Regional Managers, Engineering, and Safety Committee to develop action plans to reduce Wayfair Delivery Drivers injuries and incidents, and promote employee engagement in health and safety programs. Identify innovative ways to grow and maintain a strong safety culture.
- Partner with Regional ABDA Safety Manager and Wayfair Delivery Driver Leadership to ensure all required safety records, such as the OSHA 300 logs are accurately maintained in accordance with the law.
- Partner with Regional Safety and ABDA Safety Managers and site Safety Supervisors to leverage safety and environmental best practices into overall standards.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
What You’ll Need
- Practical experience with Driver Training Initiatives and Incident Investigation is preferred
- Knowledge, understanding of and ability to interpret OSHA, DOT and FMCSRs
- Data analytics experience, including telematics is preferred
- Expert in vehicle maneuvering and fleet safety needs
- Ability to work with employees of all levels, from going out on ride alongs to presenting information to leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills
- Demonstrated ability facilitate effective training
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and achieve results
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, strong organizational and time management skills
- Work hours will be flexible to support multiple buildings with multiple shifts with dynamic changing business needs, including the ability to travel 50-75% of the time
- Strong analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization; experience in a multi-shift operation a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or related field, preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety or related fields within a distribution or manufacturing environment, preferred, including experience managing multiple sites.
Back to top