Director-Supply Chain Advanced Analytics
Associate Director – Supply Chain Analytics
The Operations group at Wayfair is looking for an Associate Director of Supply Chain Analytics to join our team! This position is a key leadership role within a centralized analytics team that helps shape the strategy and execution of Wayfair’s rapidly expanding global supply chain. Within the role, you will apply your leadership and quantitative skills in a highly collaborative environment to meet business-critical supply chain challenges head on and ultimately propel Wayfair from a $6B company to $15B and beyond!
If you’re passionate about driving business impact by leading teams of other analytics professionals, applying cutting-edge analytical techniques to complex supply chain decisions, and enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, then this is the perfect role for you!
Who we are: The Supply Chain Analytics team is the go-to source for the analytics needs of the Wayfair Operations group, which is rapidly growing Wayfair’s asset-based supply chain capabilities. Members of the team serve as internal, cross-functional consultants supporting the Operations group on a wide array of strategic and operational decisions including network and transportation design, 3rd-party carrier strategy, warehouse footprint optimization, and inventory planning.
What you will do: Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain Analytics you will:
- Partner with business stakeholders to define and prioritize opportunities, identify interdependencies between key business drivers, and communicate how an analytical approach can contribute to an overall business strategy or solution
- Translate high-level—and sometimes ambiguous—business challenges into specific workstreams that can be tackled using data-driven analyses and work with stakeholders to get buy-in on the anticipated approach and timelines
- Build and lead multiple teams of other supply chain analysts to successfully complete deliverables with high standards of quality, timeliness, and rigor to build and maintain the trust of our internal stakeholders
- Help synthesize analytical results and coach teams on presenting insights with a clear point of view and storyline to enable fact-based decision-making within the business
- Guide other managers and analysts as they develop skills across all aspects of the project lifecycle including project scoping, application of analytical techniques, communication, and implementation
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfair’s supply chain
- Design Wayfair’s facility footprint and transportation network including determining optimal warehouse locations, evaluating the impact of adding new consolidation points, and building cost efficient transportation routes with interleaving stops at suppliers and customers
- Determine optimal inventory positioning by modeling inbound shipments, transshipments from warehouse to warehouse, and outbound shipments to customers to maximize delivery service level
- Build a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model that considers cost and transit time tradeoffs to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution plan for 10M+ shipments to customers per year using 3rd party carriers
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or other concentrations with a heavy quantitative focus
- At least 8+ years of experience in an analytical or consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience including experience completing analytical projects and presenting actionable insights to senior leaders
- 5+ years of experience building and leading multi-person teams to successfully complete complex, analytics-based projects
- Hands-on experience using analytical tools and techniques to solve complex business problems, including proficiency using SQL, R, Python, or other languages on large datasets. Experience using supply chain tools such as Llamasoft or JDA is also highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with both technical and business-oriented stakeholders and cross-functional teams across all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Positive, people-oriented, and energized by working in a high-performance, fast-paced industry
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top