Director, Web Analytics
The Web Analytics group at Wayfair solves some of the most analytically challenging problems facing a rapidly growing e-commerce leader with millions of customers and complex business operations. The mission of the Director of Web Analytics is to unlock insights and guide the business – everything from tactical site optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience, strong technical capability, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in Wayfair’s web data.
The Director of Web Analytics will be responsible for multiple business areas and directly lead a team of managers and analysts with specific agendas to identify, optimize and launch features on the customer facing site through analysis and testing. This role will focus on identifying opportunities as well as advanced projects based on models and site optimization efforts. This person will work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative design, marketing and data science. In addition, the Director will play a role in architecting Wayfair’s next generation self-service analytics platform.
This is an ideal opportunity for analytics leader seeking to simultaneously make an impact to the customer experience and bottom line. The ideal candidate will have a combination of leadership skills to develop and grow a high-performing team as well as the technical curiosity to push the development of a state of the art analytics platform. The Director would join Wayfair’s Leadership team, leading a team of 20+ top notch analytics professionals and would work cross-functionally with senior leaders across the company.
- Identifying and delivering key analyses to accelerate profitable growth by improving the Wayfair site and customer experience
- Overseeing the development of analytic models that drive insights into customer behavior
- Communicating key insights and recommendations to senior leaders across the organization
- Prioritization and project management of a 20+ person team’s activities
- Proactively identify areas in which analytics efforts can produce a strong value add
- Designing site testing agenda with web tests that can be rapidly executed followed by well-crafted recommendations
- Mentoring and development of a team of managers and analysts
- BA in computer science, economics, or other quantitative discipline.
- 8+ years Analytics experience (3+ years in web analytics a strong plus)
- Track record of success leading analytic teams preferably in a B2C environment
- Development and ownership of analytics algorithms and models
- Excellent SQL skills; Experience with Python, Tableau a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top