Director of Profit Management
Wayfair is looking for an experienced leader to drive our businesses towards profitability by leveraging their business acumen, analytical thinking, and bias for data-driven solutions. The GM will be responsible for driving profitability for several businesses by leveraging existing pricing and sort algorithms, experimenting with new approaches, and collaborating with other functional teams.
The Pricing & Profitability Team monitors, manages, and maximizes short and long term profitability for each business line globally. It does so by leveraging big data, cutting-edge modeling techniques, nuanced experimentation, and insightful data analysis.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone motivated to make a measurable impact to the bottom line while unlocking the full potential of big data. The General Manager would join Wayfair’s Leadership team, leading a team of analysts and working cross-functionally with Marketing, Engineering, and Data Science.
- Manage business units to hit targeted business goals
- Monitor financial, customer, and operational data to spot trends in the business
- Define and implement pricing strategy
- Test and launch innovative new pricing approaches and strategies
- Serve as an expert on Wayfair Pricing capabilities
- Identify opportunities to leverage our data insights for broader strategic questions across the business
- Hire, manage, and develop analysts and managers
- Undergraduate degree in a hard science like: Applied Math, Econometrics, Engineering, Physics or an equivalent
- MBA from a top tier university
- Experience working as a Management Consultant or an experienced General Manager and/or E-Commerce leader
- Experience working with statistical software such as SPSS, R, Stata, Matlab
- Strong business acumen coupled with an ability to understand concepts and see the big picture
- Track record of success in leading teams and driving significant results
- Academic or professional experience that relied heavily on quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners; particularly adept at telling stories with data
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing ahigh performing team
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top