Director of Product Management, Shopping Aisle Platforms
Wayfair is looking for a senior Product leader to drive the next phase of growth in Wayfair’s core shopping experience. The Director of Product Management for Shopping Aisle Platforms will lead the team that ensures we effectively manage the complexity of the Wayfair product catalog (product options, product imagery, and product pricing) as we build industry-leading digital shopping experiences. This role will touch every one of Wayfair’s 12 million global active customers and contribute to every purchase making up the $6B revenue coming through our sites and apps.
At the heart of this role lies a really hard question: what is the best way to present our millions of products to customers in our core shopping aisle?
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on high-profile initiatives, and oversee large and fast-growing cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, product designers, analysts and data scientists.
Build and maintain key customer experiences and their underlying platforms to accelerate customer engagement by owning all aspects of the Product Options, Product Imagery, and Product Pricing customer experiences:
- Set vision for the Options, Imagery, and Pricing Experiences; driving innovation around how we present SKUs that delights users and grows the business
- Drive creative solutions to remove existing constraints from core product platforms and increasing complexity and scalability of key product platforms
- Be an inspiring and humble leader for fast-growing team of Product Managers (and cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, and designers); Develop exceptional talent through strong coaching and feedback
- Build cross-functional organization well-suited to handle thorny problems involving complex technologies. Current team is 2 PMs and ~20 team members in engineering, analytics and product design. Plans to grow to 5-6 PMs (Associate Director & Senior PM level reports) ~50 cross-functional team members.
- Work in tight partnership with data science, pricing, and merchandising systems organizations to deliver results.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing platform and customer experience improvements that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
- 10+ years Product management experience work experience in heavily analytic rigorous, high-performance settings; preference for those with experience working with complex catalogs or large data sets
- 5+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Technical background or technical orientation; experience working on complex technical systems, with data science algorithms, machine learning, or personalization engines
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Customer-obsessed and passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred
Back to top