Director of Financial Operations
- Boston, MA
Come lead Wayfair’s team that’s responsible for $6 billion in transactions globally. Your teams will impact every one of Wayfair’s 15,000 employees and 10,000+ suppliers, and the processes for which you’ll be responsible touch millions of customers, invoices, and deliveries. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a systems-orientation to drive significant value at a huge scale in the finance discipline.
With historical growth of ~40% annually, we’re looking for someone who can keep pace with a business that’s doubled in the past two years, and build a best-in-class lean operations function with a business-first orientation as a catalyst for innovation. The fact we’ve been called one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes, the “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe, and test and launch new business lines on a regular basis make it exciting too. We’re seeking a candidate who can lead a global team through the transformation of several large and complex business systems. A successful candidate brings a significant lean operations background, along with technology experience that can help drive process excellence. You would be managing a team of ~60 in Boston and more than 100 contractors worldwide across several distinct high-volume disciplines that span our financial and accounting operations. We need someone who’s at home with high-volume and complex systems; someone with high business acumen who can become a trusted business partner to fast-moving leaders across the org; someone who can set and execute a multi-year vision that tests the boundaries of traditional accounting operations while inspiring their large team.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement a plan for scaling our systems and processes for the next chapter of Wayfair’s growth; including building the appropriate leadership bench that can help keep up with our rapid growth.
- Lead a team of 150+ FTE with global scale, but in a startup environment.
- Work closely with our Controller and the FP&A team to facilitate visibility into our #1 profitability driver (COGS).
- Develop monthly KPI’s for executive leaders and report progress on your key transformational initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Expertise in lean operations, demonstrated in a similarly complex global organization
- The ability to break down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the team
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- The ability to create a multi-year vision and to lead a large global team to accomplish it
- Extremely organized with exceptional project management skills
- Willing to learn the technical aspects of our complex financial systems; SQL experience a plus
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch, and re-inventing old processes (note: we aren’t that old. We just grew fast!)
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience
- A mix of both advisory and operational success
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top