Director, International Inbound Supply Chain - Asia Leader
Director – International Inbound Supply Chain – Asia Leader
Location – Hong Kong
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader to spearhead a major new business build effort for Wayfair. This individual will lead the execution of our vertical integration into global sources of supply; developing country specific logistic footprint for cross-vendor consolidation. Commencing in China, the integration shall expand to Malaysia, Vietnam and India serving our destination markets in US, Canada, Europe and the UK. The role is based in Hong Kong with frequent travel through Asia and globally.
The right candidate will bring a true business building mindset focused on timebound outcomes and the desired impact for Wayfair. This includes end-to-end ownership: strategy, solution and roadmap design, supplier experience, resource and implementation management leading to measurable value being created.
The ideal candidate will have an MBA from a top tier school. Direct experience working in global supply chain space ideally for transportation and logistics, inclusive of data flow management will be a plus.
The role will report into GM-International Supply Chain Leader, based in Boston.
As a leader within International Supply Chain Team you will:
- Define what it takes to win operationally: lead insight generation and roadmap creation for our global supply chain
- Be the visionary:Help create and execute the growth strategy for our international supply chain and freight consolidation program, with an eye towards building for future scale and transforming the business
- Lead the charge across the organization: Champion work cross-functionally across Suppliers, Operations, Product, Technology, Legal, Category, and CastleGate to surface opportunities, align on strategy, pivot when needed, and deliver results
Roles and responsibilities:
- Executive responsible for all legal entities in Asia leading our logistics startup presence in Asia starting with China
- Build Wayfair’s logistics presence in Asia across multiple countries primarily China, Vietnam, Malaysia, and India
- Work closely with the destination teams to outline the inbound logistics requirements catering to an efficient inbound supply chain
- Drive all executive decisions required to determine need for and footprint of warehousing and cross-dock across all applicable countries
- Manage identification, selection, negotiation and implementation of any third-party firms required in support of the global consolidation capabilities (with focus on export from Asia to US, Canada, UK, and Germany)
- Lead scale-up from a start-up stage in 2018 to a full-scale delivery function in 24-36 months
- Define operating procedures, SLAs, and reporting frameworks for our facilities across Asia
- Continuously drive the IT visibility requirement to bring about step changes towards being the best-in-class management of inbound goods
- Develop and execute resourcing plan needed to appropriately create and manage an asset-based network, where applicable, from 2019 onwards
Profiles that may be especially well-suited for this role:
- 10+ years of post-MBA top-tier consulting or Sr Director level at Top 5 transportation / logistics firm
- Strong operational inclined roles in early stages of the career
- Delivered client engagements in strategy, business building and adjacent growth topics
- Direct experience in a startup situation building a new Business Unit / Location / Geography
- Worked and/or served clients across continents (required)
- Industry experience in ecommerce / retail / transportation / logistics / B2B
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top