Director, Analytics Product
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
The Director, Analytics Product role is a highly visible and strategic position. They lead several teams to develop and execute the analytic roadmap for each business unit they oversee. They are strategic thinkers who collaborate with other senior leaders and executives across the organization to understand the business needs, identify the right solutions, align the right resources and oversee the development of a wide range of analytical products. They move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new capabilities they champion.
What You’ll Do:
- Align with executive management (C-suite) to define and develop the analytics roadmap for the company’s most important initiatives
- Own and develop long term product strategy, delivery of data and analytic products, for one or multiple large stakeholder groups.
- Develop a strong working relationship with cross-functional leaders and a deep understanding of their key business metrics, levers, strategy and goals.
- Lead several teams to develop best in class strategies and tactics that are grounded in data and insights.
- Create the organizational design to optimally serve multiple stakeholder groups and business units.
- Provide leadership on corporate initiatives by working with executives and acting as a thought partner with a cross functional leadership team.
- Manage and mentor a high performing team
- Prioritize resources and hiring across multiple area by balancing short-term needs with longer-term initiatives.
What You Have:
- Demonstrated success working with executives at the most senior levels, developing an analytics roadmap, and providing recommendations that direct business strategy and achieve high impact results.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, and innovative analytical solutions
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven ability managing, guiding, and growing analytic leaders
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
What We'd Love To See (but isn't required):
- Past experience with SQL or structured computer programming language.
- Experience with RDBMS, Big data technology, OLAP technologies, and related BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Experience with Python, Java, Tableau, C++
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Back to top