Direct Mail Manager (m/f)
- Berlin, Germany
Wayfair’s EU Marketing Team is based in Berlin and owns the customer acquisition and retention channels / activities for our UK and German businesses.
Direct Mail is one of our key channels to grow customer base and strengthen loyalty. We utilize advanced analytics and data-mining algorithms to determine which print campaigns and concepts are most likely to engage prospective and existing customers, partnering with our creative team to design such innovative campaigns and work with external vendors to manage them.
The world of print advertisement is multifaceted, from parcel inserts to unaddressed door drop to very specific targeted addressed mail. Non-exhaustive examples include catalogs / promotional mailers / postcards / flyers.
At Wayfair, we run all Direct Mail campaigns with a highly data-driven mindset and collaborate closely our data science team to achieve efficient performance.
If you love project management, working with multiple stakeholders, you are detail-oriented, with an affinity to print marketing and a highly analytical mindset… keep reading!
What You’ll Do:
- Own and manage a significant share of our advertising spend
- Leading a smaller team of 2 people
- Drive the strategy, execution, performance, and effectiveness of our EU Direct Mail program
- Analyze campaign efficiency & customer behavior data to report on existing initiatives
- Identify new, profitable opportunities for targeting and segmentation
- Own the end-to-end process of sending out print campaigns: selecting vendors & target groups, creative format and printer, reporting on efficiency and sharing learning
- Work cross functionally with other teams (Promotion, Creative, Data Science) to integrate your initiatives into the larger company strategy
- Negotiate with external vendors (printers, agencies, data providers)
- Forge new vendor relationships and work with third-party partners on contract management meeting deadlines of core processes
What You’ll Need:
- You have experience in growing customer base and strengthen loyalty through direct mails and print campaigns.
- You have great communications and negotiation skill to to build effective relationship with vendors and negotiate the best terms.
- Significant track record professional experience in advanced analytics and project management, preferably at a leading E-Commerce company.
- You have people management experience.
- You can handle multiple priorities, learn fast and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong analytical skills and are excited about finding patterns in data
- Extensive experience with data analysis and advanced Excel usage; knowledge of SQL or R is a plus
- Bachelor or Master Degree in the Sciences, Economics, Business or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus preferred
- You are creative and have great interpersonal skills, succinct written and verbal communication skills in English and German is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top