Delivery Driver Lead
- Pompano Beach, FL
Wayfair Delivers Driver Lead
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. Wayfair Delivers is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for team members who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry through the ultimate home delivery.
What You'll Do
- As a Wayfair Delivers Driver Lead, while complying with DOT regulations you will drive, deliver, and pick up merchandise from customers and suppliers
- You will interact with customers to deliver freight into their home at varying levels of service.
- You will lead stand up meetings and perform procedure audits
- You will onboard new employees with proper safety and standard operating procedures
- You will unload and load trucks with or without assistance of dockworkers or MHE to ensure safety
- You will participate in ongoing development through training, manager feedback and customer surveys
What You'll Need
- Able to maneuver 300+ lbs. of merchandise with MHE or other persons both within the warehouse and into the customer home.
- Able to lift/maneuver 150 lbs. of merchandise on your own, sit or stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance on vehicles and all duties in compliance with appropriate security and safety standards.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Able to provide proof of identification and employment eligibility and provide a clean MVR.
- A valid State driver's license (CDL A/B is not needed but a plus) and can pass DOT Certification.
- Pass a background check and drug screening both before and during employment.
- Previous experience interacting with customers.
- Proven experience operating a 16 - 26 ft box truck or similar and able to pass an on the road driving test.
- Able to work shifts including but not limited to Saturday and Sunday
- Proven experience in a lead role or clear examples of leadership tendencies
Back to top