Home Delivery Driver
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. Wayfair Delivers is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for team members who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry through the ultimate home delivery.
What You'll Do
- As a Wayfair Delivers Driver, you will drive and deliver in-home final mile routes (sometimes two-day routes).
- You’ll perform product assembly and perform warehouse tasks when needed.
- You will interact with customers to deliver freight into their home at varying levels of service.
- Unload and load trucks with or without assistance of dockworkers or MHE to ensure safety.
- You’ll comply with DOT driving rules and regulations.
- You’ll participate in ongoing development through training, manager feedback and customer surveys.
What You'll Need
- Able to maneuver 300+ lbs. of merchandise with MHE or other persons both within the warehouse and into the customer home.
- Able to lift/maneuver 150 lbs. of merchandise on your own and sit for up to 8 hours per day.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance on vehicles and all duties in compliance with appropriate security and safety standards.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Able to provide proof of identification and employment eligibility and provide a clean MVR.
- A valid State driver's license (CDL A/B is not needed but a plus) and can pass DOT Certification.
- Pass a background check and drug screening both before and during employment.
- Previous experience interacting with customers.
- Proven experience operating a 16 - 26 ft box truck or similar and able to pass an on the road driving test.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top