Delivery Agent Performance Manager
Delivery Agent Performance Manager
Wayfair is growing leaps and bounds, and we want to ensure our customers have an amazing experience when they receive their items. We’re looking for a thoughtful, curious, data- and people-oriented whiz to join our team. You will drive operational excellence and strong processes in our final mile delivery network by leading and managing the performance of a large portfolio of warehouses.
We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep passion for transportation and supply chain to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
Who we are:
The Third Party Final Mile Team manages all of Wayfair’s 100+ third party Final Mile partners across North America. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and professional delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable, data and process driven management while embracing Wayfair’s entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere.
What you will do:
- Forge strong relationships with a portfolio of Final Mile Home Delivery Agents understanding their businesses from operations, administration, and finance to drive a best in class customer experience. Work collaboratively with these partners to identify areas for focus and jointly improve their performance.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly calls with agents to review key performance indicators
- Travel 15-25% to meet with delivery agents for performance reviews, training, and sourcing new partners.
- Embrace a consulting and partnership mentality to collaborate with agents to thrive within their region
- Generate and share nuanced reporting with internal stakeholders and external partners. Identify trends and create digestible narratives out of large data sets.
- Proactively identify critical markets and work with internal teams to get ahead of performance issues
- Be a thought leader around operational improvement opportunities
- Become an expert in Final Mile industry best practices and technology.
- Partner with multiple teams within Wayfair to improve overall operations of 3P network, including logistics, technology, and other operations groups.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Graduate degree a plus but not required.
- Deep experience in a field that involves using data and working closely with people. Experience in logistics, carrier management or transportation operations a plus but not required.
- Ability to manage and drive and prioritize projects, while leading cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building skills. Proven ability to work successfully with and across teams. Able to building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Strong leadership ability. A hands-on analyst and team player that can inspire/mentor staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to senior leaders. Able to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top