Customer Service Manager II
- Elmira, NY
At Wayfair, we care about our customers! Our award-winning Customer Service Team balances technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. From the time the customer orders with Wayfair through delivery to their home, our team works to make it easier than ever to shop for the home. The Customer Service Team works proactively in a fast-paced environment to monitor customer orders and ensure a seamless delivery to the customer. In the event a customer should contact our support team via phone, email, chat, social media, or in other ways, we empower our Customer Service Team to resolve the issue. We are passionate about our customers and work to delight them on every interaction with Wayfair.
What You'll Do
- Develop, manage and coach a team of supervisors who oversee customer service agents
- Analyze team performance to drive improvement in KPIs and close performance gaps
- Make decisions about business policies, managing risks and resolving employee issues
- Identify training gaps and partner with support teams to improve performance
- Make recommendations and/or take corrective action to manage performance as appropriate and be an integral part of the disciplinary and termination process
- Effectively interview and recommend candidates for hire
- Analyze trends based on historical data to close performance gaps
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of proven leadership experience effectively driving results of front line teams through direct reports
- Proven ability to close performance gaps through coaching and mentoring
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a complex environment to both supervisors and agents
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically while working in an fast-changing environment
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent customer-facing and management work experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top