Customer Service Manager
Wayfair in Brunswick is growing and we are expanding our
Customer Service Team!
Wayfair is looking for the right candidate that will have experience developing future leaders and motivating teams, a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to improve operational efficiency through process improvement. Other critical success factors for this role include great problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to resolve customer issues. This role may act as manager on duty in the absence of other managerial personnel. This includes responding to sales and service inquiries via telephone and email correspondence.
- Manages a team of 12- 18 consultants at varying skill levels
- Supervises Sales and Service Consultants answering calls and/or emails from customers seeking assistance with post-order issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, delivery status and back order inquiries, and any other issues that may arise from the order fulfillment process
- Helps consultants meet customer satisfaction, resolution targets, exceed customer expectations, build customer loyalty and take advantage of sales opportunities
- Makes recommendations and / or takes corrective action to manage performance as appropriate
- Works closely with Human Resources and Senior Leadership to address and resolve employee issues
- Effectively interviews and recommends candidates for hire
- Integral part of the disciplinary and termination process
- Provides extensive coaching, counseling and managing performance
- Analyzes sales trends based on historical data to close performance gaps
- Reviews time off requests as appropriate to match staffing level requirements
- Conducts side-by-side observations and quality assurance (call monitoring) reviews
- Coaches and develops agents in soft skills and service techniques
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution
- Provides back-up support by taking calls during staffing shortages, high volume activity or as needed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Company and/or your director or manager
- 3+ years leadership experience
- College degree preferred or equivalent job related experience
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- A competitive spirit and drive to succeed
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to close performance gaps
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Flexible schedule
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to handle stressful customer interactions via telephone and email
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top