Copywriter (All Levels)
We’re seeking Associate Copywriters and Copywriters to join our growing Creative team at Wayfair. The right candidates are talented individuals who understand how to bring a brand’s voice to life through snappy storytelling and who will create compelling, consumer-facing copy for our sites, emails and print collateral. They’re also excited about playing a role in the evolution of a brand (and the fact that their work will be viewed by millions). Sound like you? Keep reading.
We have a number of positions open within the following teams:
- The Wayfair Marketing Creative team is an energetic group of designers, copywriters, illustrators, and animators who work collaboratively to bring our brand to life across all marketing channels – from email to print to display (and more!)
- The Lifestyle Creative team serves our four Lifestyle Brands, Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane, and Perigold. Each site is an exciting offshoot of the main Wayfair brand – equally awesome, with its own distinct POV and product assortment.
- The Wayfair Brand Creative team brings the Wayfair brand to life by telling its stories and curating experiences through every facet of the customer journey and employee experience.
We’re on the lookout for skilled team members to join one of the exciting, diverse teams above. You’ll help us navigate consumer insights, multitask projects like a champ, and take on high-profile projects. The best part? You’ll get to hang out with some pretty cool Bostonians.
Now… What else?
What You’ll Do:
- Start your morning with Starbucks, quickly reviewing emails, and prioritizing your day.
- Meet with your buyers to ensure your messaging reflects product assortment.
- Head to a collab space with your designer to brainstorm ideas for next month’s major shopping holiday sale, pull inspiration, develop a few concepts to present to the broader team for feedback.
- Check in with your fellow copywriters to collaborate on the mornings events!
- Grab one of your coworkers and head to lunch at Eataly, Dig Inn, Sweet Green, Anna’s Taqueria, Stoked wood-fired pizza truck, The Bacon Truck – so many options!
- Chat about the upcoming cross-brand Creative Review meeting and decide which projects you’re most excited to present, along with what recent customer engagement highs and lows you’ve learned that another team would also benefit from knowing.
- Follow - up with Stakeholders, PR and Internal teams to make sure you can assist in any way with projects flogger events, career fairs, and more!
- Spend a few uninterrupted hours doing what you do best – writing!
- Join a daily stand-up to review your own brand’s projects with fellow copywriters, designers and managers.
- After wrapping up projects for the day, get a head start on organizing your priorities for the next morning before heading out for drinks with your fave coworkers!
Who You Are:
- You’ve got a portfolio and/or writing samples that showcase what you’ve been working on recently – be sure to include the link in your application! Work related to advertising or e-commerce is a plus!
- Experienced in writing for a retail audience, either in house or at an agency.
- Comfortable writing short-form copy that is both concise and to the point.
- Endlessly curious about the customer - their passions, needs and pain points.
- An expert collaborator and someone who works well with other writers and designers.
- Known for your meticulous attention to detail, ability to multi-task and robot-like organizational powers.
- Committed to a high standard, which shows in your writing.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to articulate your ideas and opinions.
- And yes, have a sense of humor. (Arguably, that could have been at the top of the list.)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top