COO of Merchandising
COO of Merchandising
Wayfair is reimagining its content supply chain to create a unique competitive advantage for our business through delivering rich, visually inspiring customer experiences. The key goal of this leader is to be the visionary and executional champion of the most customer-driven, efficient, cost -effective, supplier-friendly content delivery engine in the retail marketplace. The COO of Merchandising will hold one of the most senior positions in the company, driving a critical transformation at Wayfair that will bring an exceptional and differentiated shopping experience to our customers.
The COO of Merchandising requires entrepreneurial leadership skills, a strong understanding of lean, efficient processes and a pragmatic approach to create rapid iterative change in a high-growth, technology-led environment. This leader will manage and oversee all key merchandising operations functions for Wayfair globally including new product additions, business process outsourcing strategy and management, content quality assurance, and the vision for the merchandising technology/data science roadmap.
The ideal leader is innovative and enthusiastic and thrives at identifying process improvements and attractive ROI investment opportunities. The Global Leader will build an A+ distributed and technically-savvy global organization with 1,000+ team members and operations in NA, EU, Asia and South America. Reporting into the Head of Merchandising at Wayfair, this role will collaborate closely with leaders across the company including Product Management, Operations, Category Management, 3D Asset team, Pricing, Data Science, Marketing and Country GMs.
- Leverage technology and machine learning to transform how Wayfair identifies, builds, QAs and displays a catalog of 10+ million products, images and videos across a global portfolio of sites
- Define the objectives for a dedicated product management team who builds tools and interfaces that empower suppliers to continuously improve content and merchandising on site
- Power mass customization of furniture and decor products in a manner that is seamless to suppliers and inspiring to customers
- Create Wayfair’s onshore/offshore decision frameworks and oversee global BPO operations
- Build a language translation platform servicing an expanding set of geographies
- Leverage customer feedback to drive best in class merchandising improvements
- Steer the merchandising technology and analytic roadmap to ensure next generation capabilities and attractive ROI
Skills & Experience
- 7-15 years of top-tier management consulting experience or track record of success in a closely-related role with e-commerce merchandising (or driving a portfolio of operational activities centered around conversion rate improvement)
- Lean operations background and experience
- Masters or MBA strongly preferred
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions
- Proven track record managing and iterating on data- driven processes at scale
- Strong project management skills and senior presence with exceptional communication skills and the ability to get things done
- Skilled leader of large teams, with mentor/coach approach and ideally experience leading distributed teams
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Versatile performer, capable of adapting as data-led insights evolve
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top