Continuous Improvement Manager
- Rugby, United Kingdom
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Fulfillment team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business.
We’ve been busy building a best-in-class fulfillment network that allows us to delight customers by getting products closer to customers and speeding up deliveries. Our Continuous Improvement team will be the team that enables the operational excellence of our physical processes across sites, helps establish a culture of waste elimination and defect reduction across the organization, and acts as a central interface & process experts for other stakeholders across the Wayfair organization.
We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our team as Continuous Improvement Managers within each of our europeans fulfillment centers.
What You'll Do
- Own Operational Excellence for your fulfillment center
- Drive standard processes and ensure best practice sharing across shifts, departments as well as other fulfillment centers
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and defect reduction by building capabilities (e.g., lean trainings, Kaizen events, coaching supervisors) and act as an agent of change
- Create and maintain a strong safety culture that continuously seeks to eliminate risks from the operation
- Identify, root cause and solve opportunities as needed in support of your site’s day to day operations, especially with regards to safety, quality, productivity and workflow
- Develop trusting relationships with key stakeholders and leadership
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company- wide, including transportation, data integration, employee engagement, inventory planning, engineering and others to coordinate cross functional projects for your site
- Monitor and drive key performance of end to end metrics to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to the organization
What You'll Need
- Experience with operational, process, and performance improvement projects (lean or six sigma experience highly valued) including process mapping and process redesign
- Experience of e-commerce, supply chain, operations, or logistics
- Strong process, manufacturing, or engineering background with an ability to understand work flow and throughput in the operation
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan
- Proven ability as a passionate people-centric leader who can effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- A passion for safety as a value rather than just a priority
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects and delegate tasks appropriately
- Analytical ability (e.g., pivot tables, lookup functions) to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Technologically savvy, familiarity with google suite a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top