Content Development Specialist, Instructional Designer
Content Development Specialist
*Not open for remote* This position is located on site in:
Wayfair is seeking a dynamic Sales & Service Content Development Specialist with experience developing a variety of training materials in a fast-paced growth environment. Partnering with Sales & Service stakeholders, this person will be responsible for creating and implementing training programs for all aspects of Sales & Service training including but not limited to, new hire onboarding, ongoing upskill training, leadership training, e-learning creation and virtual training programs.
This person will report to the Senior Training Manager responsible for Sales & Service Content Development and will work in tandem with other Content Development Specialists. He or she will be expected to quickly develop an understanding of Sales & Service initiatives, processes and needs. This person must be able to consult effectively with managers and stakeholders to assess needs and create training content for a variety of modalities.
- Partner with Sales & Service management to build and implement training curricula that aligns with business objectives and growth projections
- Support ongoing initiatives (new hire onboarding, new manager internal/external onboarding, ongoing skill development) with classroom, e-learning and virtual/remote training modules
- Proactively work to identify and fill knowledge gaps found in the organization
- Assist in the build out of the Sales & Service Training Library
- Conduct regular maintenance of existing training programs to ensure alignment with current business needs
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design or equivalent preffered
- 1+ year of structured learning and development experience in a classroom facilitation setting highly preferred.
- Call Center learning and development experience preferred
- 3+ years of instructional design or content development experience preferred
- Experience with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and Adobe Creative Cloud, or other eLearning authoring software highly preferred
- Experience effectively utilizing Learning Management Systems required
- Experience with Cornerstone LMS highly preferred
- Previous experience evaluating and assessing training modules for effective learning required
- Demonstrated experience implementing Kirkpatrick’s model highly preferred
- Experience working with Virtual Instructor Led Training software preferred
- Experience leveraging Adobe Connect highly preferred
- Ability to develop and conduct in depth needs assessments with key stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design techniques and methodologies
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Articulate, persuasive communicator across multiple organizational levels
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Goal oriented, self-starter
- Ability to analyze data to identify solutions
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top