Collaboration AV Engineer, IT Collaborations Engineering
- Boston, MA
Wayfair is a dynamic, cutting-edge technology company operating in the e-commerce space. We’re committed to providing our customers with a best-in-class experience for all things home. We’re looking for a Collaboration Operations Supervisor to support the day to day team operations. This position is based out of our Boston-Copley location.
What you will do:
- Supervising and motivating an operational team of engineers responsible for conference room and AV technology
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports on team’s performance
- Maintain operational excellence & quality and enforce high standards
- Assign tickets/tasks
- Facilitate daily stand-ups and regular team meetings
- Define and improve processes, services, and workflows.
- Ensure staff coverage based on agreed hours of operations
- Create a positive culture that encourages team members to provide high quality support and services
- Provide guidance and support for the team’s current suite of tools/software
- Update and maintain global inventory of collaboration-related hardware
- Conduct weekly meetings with manager to provide team status, progress, and issues or concerns
- Work with the project team to roll out new workflows, solutions, services, and/or hardware
- Ensure team-related services, support, and processes are clearly documented
- Mentor the team and encourage/support their growth
- Build and maintain relationships with local tech leaders and department stakeholders
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds of A/V hardware (TVs, speakers, projectors, etc..)
Who you are:
- College/University degree or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of IT experience (Desktop, Support Desk, etc)
- 2+ years of supervising a service desk/operational team
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create reports portraying team’s performance, volume, spot trends, and offer potential solutions to any problem areas
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable interacting with and supporting key meetings for senior and C-level leadership across global locations
- Detail-oriented, with the belief that anything worth doing is worth measuring, and it’s worth doing right, every single time
- General knowledge of A/V infrastructure
- Experience with a ticketing system is required (ServiceNow preferred)
- Nice to have: Experience with Powershell / PS Gsuite, Google Administration, JAMF, SCCM, and Active Directory
- Nice to have: Experience with Video Conferencing software such as Google Meet, Zoom, Adobe Connect, WebEx, etc.
- Nice to have: Experience with Chrome OS, Windows 10 Environment, and with video conferencing equipment such as Logitech, Crestron, Polycom, and Chrome OS devices
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top