CMO of AllModern
Wayfair is looking for an experienced senior professional to lead the growth strategy for one of our Lifestyle Brands: AllModern. This role represents a significant opportunity to shape the agenda for AllModern by injecting creativity, innovation, and analytics into our approach and working across teams to improve the customer experience for AllModern customers.
The Director will be responsible for leading customer acquisition and retention across channels. In addition, the Director will lead a strong team, communicating effectively with stakeholders across departments (e.g., Product Management, Category Management, Engineering), and measuring performance. The Director will also develop and continuously refine the playbook we use by to create revenue growth for the AllModern brand. The Director will work side by side with the AllModern General Manager to drive overall business growth.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a very significant way to Wayfair’s rapid growth and leadership in e-commerce.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate the AllModern growth strategy
- Own the P&L for all multi-million-dollar marketing budget (the largest non-product cost) including responsibility for hitting aggressive revenue and profitability goals for the business
- Relentlessly create revenue growth through innovative strategies and meticulous execution to deliver step change improvements in performance
- Define KPIs for AllModern growth strategy team, and establish stretch goals for 3-6-12 month time windows
- Partner with internal teams to help influence the marketing agenda and execute
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing team
- 8-10 years online marketing experience OR experienced consultant or investment banker looking to make move to Internet commerce leader and take direct PL accountability
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high performing teams
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
About Growth Strategy at Wayfair:
The Growth Strategy team is responsible for knowing the customer. We fuel growth by introducing new customers to our brands and driving engagement from our loyal customer base. The team members are equal parts performance marketers, general managers, and innovators.
We’re not a cost center; we drive profitable top line revenue growth by investing our marketing dollars where they will drive the greatest return for the business and leveraging our understanding of the customer to drive the overall business strategy.
We write our own playbook for marketing success. We work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management.
We understand the nitty gritty of how the internet works and we build our own ad tech platforms to maximize the ROI from our marketing investments.
Growth leaders own and drive:
- Channel management.Our Marketing leaders drive strategies for the marketing channels (e.g., paid search, display, social, direct mail, email) we rely on to drive Wayfair’s growth. This means:
- Owning all aspects of performance (revenue, cost, profitability)
- Building and driving innovative roadmaps to channel growth
- Owning relationships with our advertising partners (Facebook, Google, Pinterest, etc.)
- Product/Ad tech development.Wayfair’s approach to marketing is unique in that we build our own advertising technology platforms. This means that we need leaders who:
- Take an ownership mentality to holistically thinking about tools and technologies
- Can build product/technology solutions to fuel sustainable growth for marketing initiatives
- Can work cross functionally to shape product offerings
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top