Chief of Staff, Retail
Wayfair is looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and strategic leader to oversee the efficiency and effectiveness of the Global Retail organization (responsible for category management, promotions, pricing, and merchandising for all Wayfair brands).
This role is highly cross functional with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the entire Wayfair organization including the c-suite, product management, business intelligence, category management, operations, finance, etc. You will manage a robust team of highly motivated Category Planning analysts and managers in North America, drive the roadmaps and execution of dedicated business intelligence and product management teams, and ensure alignment with all EU counterparts.
This is the opportunity for a collaborative, scrappy, innovative leader to drive an entire merchandising organization forward and have impact in every corner of the company.
As the Retail Chief of Staff you will:
- Work with cross-functional senior leadership across North America and Europe to define the long-term strategic roadmap (e.g. metrics, reports, tools, processes, staffing, training, projects, etc.)
- Collaborate across departments to execute against the strategic roadmap (departments include Pricing, Marketing, Site Merchandising, Promotions, Supplier Operations, Engineering, Process Improvement, Storefront / Product Management, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Thought partner with counterparts in Analytics leadership to develop innovative ways of monitoring the business and efficient tools that help drive execution
- Support prioritization and execution of product roadmaps to build tools that tackle supplier process improvements and improve internal operational execution; driving the rollout of the tools throughout the full retail org
- Develop and lead a growing team of highly capable and motivated Project Managers and Analysts
- Prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- Use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and identity root causes
- Conduct regular meetings with cross-functional senior leadership to review project progress and analytics results
- Provide full transparency into your roadmap via periodic email updates to the department and other key stakeholders
- Lead trainings and onboarding sessions
- Become the “go-to” resource for metrics, tools and technology for the business
You’re a great fit if you have:
- An MBA or technical graduate degree from top tier school (preferred).
- 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably in management consulting, finance, private equity, ecommerce, or other highly analytical business leadership position
- Experience managing and cultivating a high-performing team
- A high comfort level with large data sets; may consider yourself an “Analytics Junkie”
- Strong bias for automation and technical solutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset that relishes problem solving, trouble-shooting and improving processes / tools
- Executive-level written and verbal communication with the ability to adjust based on the audience which will include executives, product managers, category managers and analysts
- Comfortable with collaborating with various teams
- Prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
- Exceptional Excel skills and familiarity with SQL and database infrastructure
- A desire to work in and improve upon a fast-paced technology-driven business environment
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top