CG Architecture Artist
Senior Environment Artist Specialist
Wayfair is developing a Creative team to produce a high volume of compelling interior and product imagery using a new internally-developed workflow. The 3D Visual team is a large group with high potential, working on highly visible projects and driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are actively recruiting highly driven and motivated individuals. Our team works quickly; it is important that applicants thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under the pressures of ambitious deadlines.
The 3D Environment specialist will build out photorealistic architectural spaces for our imagery. This artist must have expert technical skills in our suite of software, and have the portfolio to show for it. We are looking for someone consistently able to produce high quality, photo-realistic 3D imagery under tight production deadlines. You will work alongside Senior Artists, both producing content and mentoring a growing team of junior artists. Successful candidates will have the passion, drive, and desire to constantly improve.
In this role you will:
- Build environments and architecture from reference accurately and quickly with minimal corrections.
- Understand and demonstrate architectural fundamentals in your buildouts
- Create photorealistic indoor and outdoor environments that look indistinguishable from reality.
- Have a detailed understanding of architecture creation process and educate the rest of the team to improve on their own understanding.
- Create photo-realistic 3D imagery for Wayfair’s brands.
- Apply a strong knowledge of lighting, materials, composition, & color theory. You can be relied upon as a credible expert on 3D rendering topics.
- You will maintain, refine, and grow the Architecture library
- Collaborate with other senior artists to develop and maintain a strong 3D photo-realistic image pipeline.
- Learn, develop and coach on new techniques which unlock higher quality and faster results
A professional portfolio demonstrating architectural fundamentals
- Expert knowledge of maya, 3ds Max, V-Ray 3.x, and Photoshop, Railclone, Zbrush, and Photoshop.
- Can demonstrate the creation of complex V-ray materials that are indistinguishable from reality.
- Can use Forest pack and Rail clone to build outdoor scenes
- Maintain a materials document that shares insights to the team on how to tackle and refine materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lighting, camera, composition, modeling, materials, and color theory.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams.
- Artist mentor-ship or teaching experience.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, work against a deadline, and have a high degree of comfort with constant change.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Positive “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor.
Back to top