Category Manager (m/f)
Wayfair, the US leading online retailer for all things home, is seeking a bright, driven, analytical and entrepreneurial leader to join the team in Berlin!
This is a unique general management role which will give you exposure to a full set of tasks and responsibilities:
- You will own the P&L of your category, develop its business strategies and lead your team to execute the strategy and drive sales
- You will build key supplier relationships and industry network in order to drive business, strengthening your supplier base, and widen Wayfair’s influence
- You will be responsible for recruiting, managing, coaching and developing your team.
Your Responsibilities in detail:
- Drive profitable growth in your category (top-down and bottom-up levers)
- Develop and execute category strategy in concert with buy-in from the senior management; this includes advance catalogue expansion
- Collaborate across departments to drive category goals
- Improve profits through strategic supplier relationship management ensuring we are competitive in the marketplace on pricing/economics
- Supplier relationship management; execute high volume of negotiations with existing suppliers including everyday pricing, warehouse stock programs, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Roughly 15% travel for meeting suppliers at trade shows in cities such as London, Frankfurt, Paris or Milan
- Fluency in English and German is essential
- Strong leadership skills acquired by having led teams and/or major projects or business growth in the past
- Strong analytical skills
- Master or MBA from top tier school preferred
- Several years of experience in preferably management consulting, e-commerce or retail environment
- Interest in analyzing large data sets to drive strategic insights
- Comfortable in technology-driven business environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, proven track record in owning and driving major businesses or projects to a success
- Excellent communication skills; experience in negotiations preferred
- Prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
What we offer:
- Industry competitive salary, bonus and equity package
- A great team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- The chance to implement and drive your own ideas without unnecessary bureaucracy
- The chance to build and develop your own team in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- The opportunity to have a major tangible impact on Wayfair’s European expansion
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top