Category & Business Development Associate
Are you ready to kick off your career in eCommerce? Looking for a fast paced, fun and entrepreneurial environment to develop your skills? Interested in working with a high- growth multinational company in the heart of London? Then we want to hear from you!
We are searching high and low for our next talented Category & Business Development Associate to help us grow our business in Europe.
In this role, you will
- Own commercial relationships with our suppliers across Europe, negotiating business terms and driving growth.
- Work on and drive business-critical projects to grow both revenue and profitability within your category.
- Collaborate with internal teams as the commercial expert in your area (merchandising, marketing, operations, finance) to advance your category’s business agenda.
If you have good business acumen, love building partnerships, want to learn or improve savvy negotiation skills and above all are keen to move fast, learn fast and be a critical part of a high growth environment, this position might be for you!
What You'll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers within a specific category.
- Drive strategic supplier relationship management. You will be their Wayfair go-to person and own the relationship on an ongoing basis.
- Manage negotiations with existing suppliers including pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions.
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and promote our Wayfair business goals.
- Travel to trade shows with you Category Manager and Director (4 - 6 trips per year).
- Analyse data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and suppliers.
- Support catalogue expansion by identifying product gaps, prioritising new lines and building direct relationships with potential suppliers.
- Analyse competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing, making changes and product scouting as needed
- Collaborate with our talented teams to drive category goals (Inventory Planning, Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, Business Intelligence)
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and motivation to meet mutual goals.
- A committed team player with a strong desire to win and to drive collaboration with cross-functional teams and individuals
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - you won’t stop until you get to the root cause of problems and implement solutions
- A strong desire to take ownership and calculated risk in a fast paced and changing environment
- An internal hunger to produce great results and execute on an array of initiatives.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a range of benefits.
- An agile and energetic work environment - your progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program.
- A flat hierarchy with easy access to senior management.
- Private medical, dental insurance, pension, gym membership discounts, team pod outings, and more!
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top