Wayfair is looking for a strategic, driven, and innovative problem-solver to help our Category Management team transform the way people shop for their home. In this role, you will be partnering with internal and external partners to advance your category’s growth and optimize the customer experience. We have multiple openings across the business on the following teams:
As a Category Associate, you will hold ownership over a portfolio of suppliers and act as their dedicated business partner and unstoppable problem-solver. You will identify opportunity areas, set goals, problem solve, and provide guidance to drive your supplier’s business. You will negotiate favorable business terms on costs of goods sold, seek alternative product sourcing strategies to drive better product economics, develop and manage supplier relationships, and own the business/financial analytics for your suppliers.
This is a great opportunity to strengthen your communication skills and develop world class dinner survival skills by attending trade shows in hot spots like New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, and Orlando.
You will receive exposure to high profile leaders and decision-makers throughout Wayfair. Category Management alumni hold leadership roles across the Category Management, International (UK, Germany, Canada), Brand, Business Development, AllModern, Inventory Planning, Storefront, Joss & Main, Catalog Improvement and Media Sales teams.
- Manage and drive strategic supplier relationships
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing, warehouse stock programs, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Lead supplier meetings and calls to review the business and grow the partnership
- Travel to trade shows with your Category Manager and Director of Category Management (4-6 trips per year)
- Analyze data to identify profit growth opportunities
- Identify assortment gaps in our product catalog and provide product insights
- Gather competitor and market trend knowledge to make strategic decisions
- Identity and execute on merchandising improvements
- Strategize with cross-functional teams to align and drive category goals (Promotions, Lifestyle Brands, Site Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Advertising, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
What we are looking for:
- Graduate from a top school with strong academic record
- 1+ years in e-commerce, retail merchandising or business setting with related experience
- A strong desire to win and drive collaboration with relative cross-functional teams/individuals
- Hunger to produce and execute against an array of initiatives
- Interest in developing negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills – ability to dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter
- Ability to accept and act on managerial feedback
- Professional, bright, and customer-focused
- High-energy and great attitude
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top