Buying and Supplier Acquisition – multiple opportunities!
At Wayfair our vision is to offer ‘a zillion things home’. We already provide our customers with over ten million products and work with over 10,000 suppliers, however for us this is just the beginning! With a rapid growth trajectory in Europe and further expansion plans globally, we need your help to continuously grow our range and delight our customers across all categories.
To support this exciting growth period, we are currently searching for additional talent in our Buying Department - from entry to manager level with various experience requirements.
What you’ll do:
As a part of our fast-paced Buying team in Berlin, your mission is to grow the Wayfair Catalogue and make sure we always have all products and styles available. Our talented Buyers increase our product selection by identifying new products to sell on Wayfair sites, establishing relationships with external suppliers and partnering with our Category Management, Operations and Merchandising teams to identify and prioritize product addition efforts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pitch and sell a partnership with Wayfair effectively to prospective suppliers
- Fiercely negotiate for favorable buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, and quantity).
- Manage new supplier setup processes, collaborating with internal merchandising and supplier operations teams
- Optimize your given category to exceed specific revenue and margin targets.
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to evaluate market trends, then identify new designers and brands to increase and expand selection across all product categories
- Develop category strategy to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Track and report key success levers i.e. Gross Revenue and top sellers to internal stakeholders
What you have:
Depending on which level you join us at – we will look for different experience levels, however as a rule of thumb our successful Buyers offer the following:
- Prior experience in a sales, negotiation or client facing role focused on targets and quotas is beneficial
- Fluency in English is a must; German preferred and other European languages a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team and work autonomously
- A personable, proactive and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage, multi-task, and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Accurate and thorough in your work; you don’t miss the details
- Strong numeracy and Excel expertise
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Management and project leadership experience is highly regarded
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with work life balance and a range of benefits
- An agile and energetic work environment - your progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program.
- A flat hierarchy with easy access to senior management
- Fast-paced fun office environment in the heart of Kreuzberg, Berlin
- Private medical, dental insurance, pension, gym membership discounts, team pod outings, and more
- Free yoga on Wednesday and table tennis lessons at a reduced rate
- Let’s not forget the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing global eCommerce players!
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top