We’re seeking a highly analytical, passionate, self-motivated individual to join our North American Retail Buying and Category Management teams. North American Retail is the organization within Wayfair that drives the overall strategy for the multitude of product categories that are offered across our channels of business. The team serves as the external and internal ambassadors of the product categories we manage, mobilizing and coaching suppliers on how to grow their business on our sites, and leveraging internal partners to execute the strategic vision to win in the online home space. We have multiple openings across the business on the following teams:
- Wayfair Promotions and Curation
- Category Management
- Exclusive Brands
- Joss & Main
- Birch Lane
In each of these roles, you will be dedicated to delivering a superb customer experience by making excellent assortment decisions informed by our wealth of browsing and purchasing data. You will be responsible for growing sales while improving profitability, as well as identifying new business opportunities, developing internal and external relationships and negotiating with key suppliers. Other areas of focus could include expanding the assortment and developing a competitive strategy for the market.
In these roles, you will work closely with a Category Manager to set and execute the strategy for a product category, develop supplier relationships, drive process improvement, and negotiate pricing and inventory.
We welcome applications from high caliber professionals for whom style & home décor represent a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings.
What You'll Do
- Develop strategic category plans to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Analyze event and category performance and pivots business accordingly
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to evaluate market trends
- Drive relationships and collaboration with cross-functional teams to identify and fill assortment opportunities
- Fiercely negotiate for favorable terms with suppliers (selection, price, and quantity)
- Establish relationships with brands, partnering effectively to achieve mutual business goals
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to identify new designers and brands to increase and expand selection across product categories
- This position will require travel to cities such as Las Vegas, Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Dallas, and potentially others for Tradeshows
What You'll Need
- 3+ years out of undergrad and has relevant work or internship experience (strong preference for experience within an e-commerce organization and/or within the home space)
- A strong interest in building a career in buying and/or supplier relationship management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A personable and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners
- Ability to communicate and feel comfortable speaking directly with C-suite level suppliers from large companies
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once; you don’t miss the details
- An interest in, and/or ability to learn, retail math concepts
- Analytical thinker who looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter capable of achieving specific target goals
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top