Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager
Wayfair continues to take the online customer experience to the next level, optimizing every part of the online shopping experience to help customers find what they’re looking for and create a home they love. The Merchandising Operations team is at the center of the online customer experience, responsible for all content (descriptions, dimensions, imagery, etc.) for Wayfair’s vast online catalog of 10 million products.
The Merchandising Operations team is looking for an experienced manager to lead a team of 5+ and drive innovative, high-impact process improvement projects that directly affect our customers shopping experience and bottom line. He or she will develop deep expertise on how our suppliers and customers engage with Wayfair and draw both high impact and actionable insights to create an unparalleled customer experience. From there, he or she will work to deliver results in partnership with cross functional stakeholders such as: Category Management, Product/Engineering, Site Merchandising, Comp Intel, Data Science, and Business Intelligence. As an expert on how our customers shop and our suppliers best partner, the Merchandising Operations Manager will advocate and be a thought partner for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on supplier experience.
While no prior direct experience is required, we would be eager to speak with all candidates who share a passion for operations, process improvement, technology, and program management. This is truly a unique leadership role perfect for an innovative and entrepreneurial manager.
- Lead a team to oversee complex operational processes, driving efficiency and quality in building and managing a catalog of over 10 million products
- Cultivate and manage cross functional relationships to identify and execute on high priority, high impact projects
- Apply analytical rigor to identify success drivers and areas of opportunity
- Partner with engineering to develop and build strategic tools for suppliers and partners to ensure a seamless experience for Wayfair’s customers
- Drive customer satisfaction and trust by improving the quality of the product information on our sites
- Innovate within a specific work stream (supplier engagement, data transformation, return reduction), taking ambiguous goals and formulating concrete roadmaps to drive measurable change
- Communicate findings and results with senior leaders throughout Wayfair, acting as an advocate for your team and the Merchandising organization
Example Projects Include:
- Spearhead “Shop Your Catalog,” giving our Suppliers the tools and direction to actively maintain and improve their catalog
- Partner with the Supplier Extranet team to align UX across pages and drive forward site wide improvements around usability and training
- Partner with Site Merchandising and other internal teams to drive alignment on site wide projects such as wood tone identification, product pattern identification, and product style identification
- Utilize customer feedback from returns and reviews to define and implement targeted solutions based on product vertical: Furniture & Décor, Housewares, Renovation, or Appliances
- Oversee relationships with offshore vendors as it relates to your team’s specific work functions
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience driving and managing projects, including process improvement initiatives
- Operational mindset with a passion for identifying and fixing problems large and small
- Comfort with ambiguity, ability to take a vague concept and drive material results
- Passion for technology and a keen interest in e-commerce
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional partners
- “Player coach” mentality with a demonstrated ability to lead and coach a diverse team to drive process change
- Experience using data to innovate and inform process change
- Extensive experience working with Excel
- Experience with SQL a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top