B2B Sales Training Manager
B2B Sales Training Manager
Wayfair is seeking a Training Manager to be based in our Brunswick, ME location. This position will play an important role in supporting all aspects of our Onboarding and Retention B2B sales functions, working as part of the Wayfair B2B Team. The Training Manager will partner with Sales Leadership to determine sales training priorities, create modules and facilitate to ensure the highest impact. This includes training facilitation, partnering with subject matter experts and building new content for sales skills areas. This individual will support various training programs, including new hire onboarding, ongoing up-skill training, and advanced sales skill training for Business Account Managers (BAMs).
The Training Manager will also participate in coaching and manager development as well as other training as dictated by business needs. The Training Manager will collaborate with both on site and larger department leadership to identify additional training requirements for both more and less tenured BAMs across all segments of the business. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in B2B sales, training, sales enablement and project management with experience in curriculum development. This creative, self-starting candidate should have top-notch facilitation skills and the ability to work well with and gain the respect of sales and support team members.
What You'll Do
- Identify training needs, develop materials, facilitate training. Includes initial orientation and new hire training, ongoing up-skill training, advanced sales skill training for BAMs and project-specific training.
- Manage and monitor ongoing employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner, tracked for completion and most importantly measured for ROI
- Partner with existing Frontline Sales Trainers, Training Managers and Head of B2B Training to identify actionable training needs of new (< 6 months) and tenured (> 6 months) Managers
- Execute and iterate against a data driven training strategy
- Design, develop and update training materials for classroom, e-learning and online use
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
What You'll Need
- Experience in training and enablement with a demonstrated track record of successfully executing advanced sales training and onboarding programs.
- Prior experience as a trainer in a classroom setting of a sales center and/or demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups preferred
- 2+ years sales experience
- 4+ years training experience
- Proficient in delivering sales productivity tools and CRM training (Salesforce), instructional design methods, Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides), and experience with CMS/LMS solutions a plus
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills and flexibility to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time to locations in Boston, MA and Layton, UT
Back to top