Associate Transportation Planner
- Jacksonville, FL
The Wayfair Delivery Network team manages all of Wayfair’s logistics operations from our suppliers to our warehouses or direct to our customers. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable data and process driven management while embracing Wayfair’s entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere.
What You'll Do
- Will be responsible for the daily coordination and execution of cross-dock and regional multi-stop truckload and LTL activities within a defined regional footprint in the US.
- Create and manage a daily dispatch/load out plan for the Wayfair Operations team to ensure timely movement of merchandise.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to provide a 360-degree view of merchandise flow.
- Identify and communicate any exception or at-risk shipments, and offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
- Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and develop improvements to the supply chain based on business priorities.
- Serve as the key operational contact for warehousing sites and carrier partners.
- Uphold Wayfair Standard Operating Procedures and Key Performance Indicators across the transportation network.
- Work with Wayfair site leaders to identify opportunities to improve Volumetrics and reduce damages.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1+ years of Logistics Experience or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
- Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar Transportation Management System.
- Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement and reporting.
- Experience with SQL preferred but not required.
Back to top